So, the other evening when we were coming back from taking two pigs to be processed, we got talking about the blog and that it is a handy tool to look and see what we have been up to. So in a nutshell - Russ now has beef cattle, ducks, more meat birds and all the layers.
I shall try to expand on each major event in a more timely fashion from now on!
Here is a blog post that I started and then never posted A YEAR AGO!
Oh well.
Well, maybe not so great as Russ woke up sick as could be. He toughed it out and then hit his bed when it was over. He did enjoy showing his chickens off and explaining his pastured method of raising them.
More big news is he now has his own plucker! Now he can process smaller batches, be much more efficient and not have to depend on the kindness of friends for use of facilities and equipment.
He will be also be able to take fresh products to local markets instead of frozen.
The eggs are selling out! Good and bad problem! But the Barred Rocks should be laying very soon now. One of them flew into the back of Russell's truck last week at the farm. He didn't know that she was there and drove home. She was in the front yard the next morning. She travelled a mile and a half in the open back of the truck! She has settled in with the rest of the home flock. Too funny!
The rabbits are doing what rabbits do best - multiplying and growing. I now have a local restaurant serving my rabbit!

Hi! So nice reading your blog and seeing someone else in the area doing what I am interested in! Do you happen to have any rabbits for breeding for sale? I am looking to start my own flock for meat for our family. We live on the Lake lure side of mill spring, not too far from you! Thanks in advance! I have really enjoyed reading about your farming endeavors. -Kina Baddorf.
ReplyDelete