Since the last update, more chicks have arrived, some future layers and some cute Silkies that I just get a kick watching them. Russ has processed many birds and is now offering cut-up pieces along with whole birds.
The home layers are steadily laying and keeping the egg supply up. Besides offering eggs by the dozen, Russ is also offering eggs by a 1/2 dozen. Farming requires the farmer to be their own marketing manager!
The goats are now keeping the back pasture at the house trimmed. They are staying inside the fence for a change.
The rabbits are doing good. We have processed two batches at the Foothills Pilot Plant and sales of rabbit seems to be climbing. I setup a table at the Mill Spring Ag Center a few weeks ago and served rabbit. It was a "Meet your Meat" event. I served Honey Glazed BBQ oven baked rabbit. Russ was serving his chicken that he cooked on the grill outside. It was a good day!

No comments:
Post a Comment