This is a picture of our first oven roasted, home grown, pasture raised, hand processed, Cornish chicken!
We brined it, rubbed it with herbs, filled it with secret ingredients and then we let it sit for about 15 minutes after it came out of the oven.
We fixed some tomatoes, (a few of the last ones from the garden) cooked some summer squash from the freezer and I made good corn bread. And then we ate.
Russell and I each had a leg and I cut of a nice piece of meat and said "Here goes" and he popped a piece in his mouth too. We looked at each other and both said at the same time, "Oh thank God, this chicken is delicious!"
Just a minute or two later Tyler, Russell's best friend since 1st grade came. What timing! We set a place for him and he cut into the breast. Once, twice, three times and then I said to please save me some breast meat! Oh my, but it was good!
It may sound odd to be so excited about eating chicken but we were so worried that it would be, well, kind of bad.
We need to order more chicks now!

No comments:
Post a Comment