Friday, October 19, 2012

Politics and Farming

Since this blog is about Sandy Plains Farm, I feel that I should talk about what the farmer, Russell, is currently doing. Besides tending to chickens, horses and the land, Russell is running for the honor to become a county commissioner here in Polk County, NC.

Election day is fast approaching and his campaigning is geared up into high! Last week he participated in a forum and as a mom, I could not have been prouder. He was well spoken, used a bit of humor and stated his opinions and hopes for Polk County in a clear manor.

He is the "young guy" in what you would normally see a more seasoned person doing. He has been campaigning for months now. Yesterday was the first day of early voting and I was very humbled to put a check mark by his name!


Holding the door for Mom to go vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment